Many couples who want to conceive always say that they would prefer to have the firstborn of a specific gender. In many cases, they prefer to start with a girl and later conceive a baby boy. However, it comes as a surprise to conceive the gender you did not anticipate twice or thrice. Though many parents do not publicly show it, there is a sense of desperation when they want to conceive baby of a particular gender. Well, the secret to conceiving the baby you want might be the food you take. Here is a closer look at how the diet will help you get the baby of the preferred gender.
How the diet works to raise the chances of conceiving a baby boy or girl
The dietary theory used in selecting the sex of a baby is derived from the nature of the sperms and how they travel after getting deposited in the birth canal. The female sperms (the X containing chromosome) are hardy and can travel easily in a slightly acidic environment to meet and fertilize the egg. However, the male sperms (X containing chromosome) are less hardy and are only favored by an alkaline environment.
In one of the conception studies done in Maastricht University in Holland, the researchers established that you could enhance the environment of the birth canal, the cervix, uterus, and even fallopian tubes depending on the food you take.
- If you take foods that promote an alkaline environment, you will give the male sperms a chance to move easily and fertilize the egg. The results will be a baby boy.
- On the other hand, if you take foods that promote an acidic environment, the male sperms will find it less suitable while the female ones will have the opportunity to meet the egg and fertilize it. The results will be a baby girl.
The best foods to take to conceive a baby girl
These are the foods that help to raise the acidity of the body fluids, especially in the birth canal and uterus to discourage the male sperms. Vitamin C is one crucial ingredient that helps to increase the acidity of the body fluids by a great margin.
- Citrus fruits: They are a major source of Vitamin C and should be included in most of your diet before, during, and after conception.
- Orange juice: This is another top source of Vitamin C in the body that will help to increase acidity in the birth canal. The juice is also an important source of other minerals and fibers.
- Fresh vegetables: Fresh vegetables are an important source of vitamin C, fibers, and energy. Top vegetables to consider include green peas, carrots, and beans.
- Include a lot of berries in your diet: Berries help to raise the acidity of the body, supply essential minerals and strengthen the reproductive system.
- Whole grain foods: Whole grain meals help to provide the body with ample magnesium and calories. Focus on taking about 300 milligrams of magnesium every day.
Other foods to include in your diet include dairy products that help to supply calcium, salmon and other seafood that supply fatty acids, vitamin C, and Vitamin D.
The best foods to help you conceive a boy
An alkaline environment favors the male sperms. This means that the food you take should be aimed at helping to lower the acidity levels in order to help the male sperms swim faster and fertilize the egg. Here are the main types of foods to consider.
- Papaya: Papaya is a very important food that helps to enhance the survival of the male sperm after getting deposited in the birth canal. It is also a great source of platinum.
- Brown rice: Make brown rice enriched with lemon a regular diet to raise the alkalinity of the uterus. You should also consider japonica rice and wild rice.
- Cauliflower: This is one of the options considered wonder foods out there because of its ability to help increase the alkalinity of the body fluids. It is also a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, anti-oxidants, and Omega-3 fats. It is important to make cauliflower an important part of your regular diet.
- Kales: Kales, like cauliflower, are highly alkalizing. Kales further provide essential minerals that you require especially in the early months of conception. You can serve them with avocado, salads, or even minced garlic.
- Include a lot of tomatoes in all meals: Though tomatoes are important in helping to keep the environment of the birth canal slightly alkaline, they are also important in increasing the lifespan of the sperms. It is recommended that you take about 100 grams of tomatoes every day that help to supply about 1.5 milligrams of vitamin B group and 19 milligrams of vitamin E. Besides, they will also provide 5 grams of sodium and 235 milligrams of potassium.
- Sunflower seeds: The moment you decide to conceive, it is important to make nuts and seeds part of your regular diet. Sunflower seeds supply the boy with vital vitamins and minerals that make the body alkaline and enhance sperms ability to penetrate the egg. Sunflower seeds can be taken alone or mixed with almonds, and yogurt. You could also use the seeds together with tulip greens, spinach, and tomato paste.
The final take
For couples looking forward to conceiving a baby boy or girl, it is important to select the foods carefully. Note that as you take foods that promote acidity to conceive a baby girl or alkalinity to get a baby boy, the eyes should not be taken off the need to remain healthy. This means that your food should be balanced, have a lot of minerals, and fluids. Besides, you need to start using the daily dosage of about 400 milligrams of folic acid about three months to conception.
Reproduction experts also indicate that you can increase the chances of getting the preferred sex of the baby by combining the foods you take with the right sex positions and timing. Remember that these methods only increase the chances of getting the baby of a preferred gender.